Monday, December 19, 2011

IC 410 image

I have collected OII images for IC 410 and created a composite image.  I think it's only passable. The optical alignment of the CCD and telescope was far from perfect, and I was too lazy to get a good polar alignment. On the other hand, the amount of nebulosity that shows up is more than I expected.


What's neat is that one of the MAS club members who is an advanced imager is going to see what he can do with my narrowband subimages. I bet he can make them look a lot better than the above.

Tonight it's supposed be clear again, and I'm going for a target that's completely different. I'm going to use my 6" Mak-Cass to see if I can image an Einstein Cross. I'll use the luminosity filter for that. No cheating on the polar align for this!

After that, I'll probably target the Horsehead nebula in Orion. The slowness of the Mak-Cass (f/12) will mean long exposures! UPDATE: The stratus deck never moved off, so no imaging. Tonight it's again forecast to be clear.

Next: The Next Telescope? Or camera lenses?

No comments:

Post a Comment